KnowRISK public education programme includes exhibitions and events at museums and communities; schools’ programmes; publications and web information.
The purpose of our public education programme is to:
– raise awareness and education on earthquake and non-structural elements safety for teachers, school children and parents
– raise homeowners’ awareness of the earthquake risks in their region
– show homeowners practical things they can do to make their homes safer and prevent damage if there is an earthquake
– raise community awareness about earthquakes and earthquake protection measures for non-structural elements
– develop and maintain a culture of safety.
This reduces the impact of disasters on people’s lives.